Plan your Field Trip to the Imaginarium Science Center
We offer 3 field trip levels for your convenience!
- Ultimate Field trip: $9 per student, Chaperones are $7 ***Not Available June-August***
Your field trip includes the group admission, one 30-45 minute hands-on workshop of your choice ($3 add’l per student for fish print t-shirts), and a 3-D film.
- Deluxe Field trip: $6 per student, Chaperones are $7
Your field trip includes the group admission and a 3-D film.
- Basic Field trip: $4 per student, Chaperones are $5
Your field trip includes museum admission only.
- $1 off for Lee County Public Schools during regular school sessions
- ONE teacher/chaperone for every TEN children admitted FREE, additional adults only $5 ($7 for Ultimate or Deluxe Field Trips)
All Field Trips Include The Following:
- FREE “Animal Encounter” – 20-30 minutes (live demonstrations at 11am & 2pm daily)
- FREE Activity Book to guide exploration
- FREE On-Your-Own Discovery in the Hands-On Exhibit Halls - approximately 45 minutes Hands-On Hall, Virtual Sporty Science, Mind Magic, Animal Lab, SEA-to-SEE Touch Tank & Aquaria, Dino Dig, Fossils, WIMG-TV Weather Station
- FREE Self-Guided Tour of Outdoor Exhibits - 20-30 minutes Fish-Eye Lagoon, Tortoise Corral, Caloosahatchee Experience, and FPL Solar Array
- OPTIONAL 3-D Movie - $2/ticket
- FREE use of Picnic Area - for lunch or other activities
- Museum Store - offers fun and educational items (only 8 students allowed in at a time. Must be accompanied by a chaperone)
- OPTIONAL Workshop - 30-45 minutes (selections range from $3 to $6 per child)
Enhance your Experience with a Workshop!
In addition to exploring the museum’s exciting exhibits, the Imaginarium also offers an assortment of educational programs based on the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to enhance the exhibit experience or complement your classroom curriculum. All feature a live demonstration or hands-on activities and include a complete curriculum guide listing the standards addressed, vocabulary terms, recommended resources, as well as pre-visit and post-visit activities.
Workshops are 30-45 minutes in length plus additional time to explore related exhibits, and cost is an additional $3 per student ($6 for Something’s Fishy), minimum of 10 students.
Imaginarium Workshop Program Selections
**Not Available June-August**
- "Alligator Antics!" - Get an up-close look at a live specimen and learn about our Official State Reptile to see just what they hide behind that toothy grin. (Recommended for Grades 1-5)
- "Animal Adventures!" - Learn about an assortment of our animal residents and discover some unique physical and behavioral characteristics. (Recommended for Grades Pre-K-8)
- "Dinosaur Discovery!" - Discover the science of paleontology as you examine some fabulous fossil finds to unearth secrets of the past and create your own fossil! (Recommended for Grades 1-3)
- "Engineering Adventures!" - Experiment with simple machines, including levers and pulleys. Learn about the Engineering Design Process before trying your hand at designing and engineering your own creations! (Recommended for Grades 4-8)
- "Exciting Electrons!" - Explore atomic structure, magnetism, and electricity and even build a real, working electromagnet. (Recommended for Grades 3-6)
- "Magical Matter!" - Learn about the different states of matter and create your own crazy colloid to take home. (Recommended for Grades K-5)
- "Something’s Fishy!" - Create fish prints in the Japanese art of "Gyotaku" while learning basic fish anatomy. (Upgrade to T-shirts for an additional $3 per student!) (Recommended for Grades 1-4)
- "Planet Protectors" - Become masters of the planet as you discover how to protect the plants and animals that call it home! Learn about the 3 Rs of recycling and create recycled art to take home! (Recommended for Grades 1-4)
- "Wild Weather!" - Learn the science behind our wild, wacky, weather & create weather measurement tools. (Recommended for Grades 1-4)