We offer 3 field trip levels for your convenience!
- Ultimate Field trip: $9 per student, Chaperones are $7
Your field trip includes the group admission, one 30-45 minute hands-on workshop of your choice ($3 add’l per student for fish print t-shirts), and a 3-D film.
- Deluxe Field trip: $6 per student, Chaperones are $7
Your field trip includes the group admission and a 3-D film.
- Basic Field trip: $4 per student, Chaperones are $5
Your field trip includes museum admission only.
- $1 off for Lee County Public Schools during regular school sessions
- ONE teacher/chaperone for every TEN children admitted FREE, additional adults only $5($7 for Ultimate or Deluxe Field Trips)
All Field Trips Include The Following:
- FREE “Animal Encounter” – 20-30 minutes (live demonstrations at 11am & 2pm daily)
- FREE Activity Book to guide exploration
- FREE On-Your-Own Discovery in the Hands-On Exhibit Halls - approximately 45 minutes Hands-On Hall, Virtual Sporty Science, Mind Magic, Animal Lab, SEA-to-SEE Touch Tank & Aquaria, Dino Dig, Fossils, WIMG-TV Weather Station
- FREE Self-Guided Tour of Outdoor Exhibits - 20-30 minutes Fish-Eye Lagoon, Tortoise Corral, Caloosahatchee Experience, and FPL Solar Array
- OPTIONAL 3-D Movie - $2/ticket
- FREE use of Picnic Area - for lunch or other activities
- Museum Store - offers fun and educational items
- OPTIONAL Workshop - 30-45 minutes (selections range from $3 to $6 per child)
Enhance your Experience with a Workshop
In addition to exploring the museum’s exciting exhibits, the Imaginarium also offers an assortment of educational programs based on the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to enhance the exhibit experience or complement your classroom curriculum. All feature a live demonstration or hands-on activities and include a complete curriculum guide listing the standards addressed, vocabulary terms, recommended resources, as well as pre-visit and post-visit activities.
Workshops are 30-45 minutes in length plus additional time to explore related exhibits, and cost is an additional $3 per student ($6 for Something’s Fishy), minimum of 10 students.
Imaginarium Workshop Program Selections
- "Alligator Antics!" - Get an up-close look at a live specimen and learn about our Official State Reptile to see just what they hide behind that toothy grin. (Recommended for Grades 1-5)
- "Dinosaur Discovery!" - Discover the science of paleontology as you examine some fabulous fossil finds to unearth secrets of the past and create your own fossil! (Recommended for Grades 1-3)
- "Engineering Adventures!" - Experiment with simple machines, including levers and pulleys. Learn about the Engineering Design Process before trying your hand at designing and engineering your own creations! (Recommended for Grades 4-8)
- "Exciting Electrons!" - Explore atomic structure, magnetism, and electricity and even build a real, working electromagnet. (Recommended for Grades 3-6)
- "Magical Matter!" - Learn about the different states of matter and create your own crazy colloid to take home. (Recommended for Grades K-5)
- "Something’s Fishy!" - Create fish prints in the Japanese art of "Gyotaku" while learning basic fish anatomy. (Upgrade to T-shirts for an additional $3 per student!) (Recommended for Grades 1-4)
- "Wild Weather!" - Learn the science behind our wild, wacky, weather & create weather measurement tools. (Recommended for Grades 1-4)
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you!
Workshops are available for outreach!
Cost is $2/mile and $150 for the first class (30 students maximum) with a 50% discount for each consecutive class (same selection— same day).
Call for large format shows, multiple workshops, or demonstrations at your events!
Contact us today to schedule your Field Trip or Outreach program!
The Imaginarium Science Center is now offering Family Science Nights! Your reservation of a Family Night will include the Imaginarium Science Center coming to YOUR SCHOOL with the following:
- 9-11 stations with engaging and educational activities!
- Two hours of fun and family learning for your students and their families!
- Training for your staff and volunteers (15-20 required) by a professional museum educator!
- Simple instructions designed to ease your staff and volunteers through the night!
- Take-home activities and prizes for your students and their families!
We now offer four topics to choose from! Book one for each quarter!
Choose between 'STEM', 'NanoScience', 'Be SMART' and 'Be Healthy' for your innovative, engaging, and educational family learning experience for your school. Reserve now and let us help you organize a night to remember!